Born in Michigan and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area. Wife to an extraordinarily forgiving and patient man, and mother to a lively 6 year old boy, 4 year old shelter pup that thinks he’s human, grumpy old cat that also thinks he’s human, and three fish named Peter.
Have worked in tech since 2003 in a variety of roles in operations, sales, customer success, customer experience, marketing, and people. Am a two-time C-level executive at growth and scale domestic & global SaaS software companies. Published author and industry speaker. More detail here.
These days, I wear a few hats:
- For over 12 years as Principal of CXPBootcamp and now with etc., I’ve consulted with and advised companies on the practical application of customer experience and organizational strategies to business. My current projects include being COO at a growth stage SaaS martech company and coaching young leaders at a growth-stage SaaS companies to design and deliver an experience transformation program targeted at increasing operational performance and retention rates.
- As a mentor, advisor, and coach, I help mid-senior level leaders and entrepreneurs successfully shift from operational to strategic leadership, become intentional about their personal brand and make major career & personal transitions, and better understand their customers, employees, and themselves.
- As part-time partner at The House Fund, an early stage venture fund investing in the UC Berkeley ecosystem of entrepreneurs, I support deal flow and advise our portfolio.
- As a forever tinkerer, a small team and I are working on a hypothesis in the AI/NLP space which may turn into something fundable.
- I am a passionate advocate for education and progressive policies driving equity and personalized learning experiences within our local public education system. As a community partner, I am acting as a Board of Supervisors appointed committee member to the Housing and Community Development and Emergency Medical Care Committees of San Mateo County, at the heart of the San Francisco-Silicon Valley peninsula.
In early 2017, I co-founded EdioLabs to help hard-working parents engage with, better understand, and help their children learn and grow with the few hours they have together most days.
I created my own major called New Media and Communications (combination of Cognitive Science, Computer Science, Psychology, English) at UC Berkeley back when this Internet “stuff” was still called New Media.
- 15 Truths About Customer Experience
- I’m Breaking Up With My iPhone And This Is Why (Or, Don’t Let Your Customers Reach Their Breaking Point)
- Find Common Ground To Create Exceptional Experiences
- Common Sense Isn’t So Common
- Building A Personal Brand Is Good For You AND Your Employer
- Email Marketing 102: Make Reporting An Obsession
- I Found A Rubberband In My Pocket This Morning
- You’ve Got To Get The Basics Right Before You Can Own The Fancy Burger
- Affirm The Purchase Decision Long After The Sale