Born in Michigan and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area. Wife to an extraordinarily forgiving and patient man, and mother to a lively 6 year old boy, 4 year old pup, grumpy old cat, and three fish named Peter.
Have worked in tech since 2003 in a variety of roles in operations, sales, customer success, customer experience (which is different from success), marketing, and people. Am a two-time C-level executive at growth and scale domestic & global SaaS software companies. More detail here.
These days, I spend my time supporting deal flow and the portfolio at The House Fund, an early stage venture fund. For over 12 years as Principal of CXPBootcamp and now with etc., I’ve consulted and advised companies on the practical application of customer experience and organizational strategies. I am an angel investor and advisor to US-based software companies solving old & hard problems in new ways. I regularly speak at industry events, am passionate about mentoring the next generation of leaders, and have published fiction, business non-fiction, and poetry over the years.
In early 2017, I co-founded EdioLabs to help hard-working parents engage with, better understand, and help their children learn and grow with the few hours they have together most days.
I created my own major called New Media and Communications (combination of Cognitive Science, Computer Science, Psychology, English) at UC Berkeley back when this Internet “stuff” was still called New Media.
- 15 Truths About Customer Experience
- I’m Breaking Up With My iPhone And This Is Why (Or, Don’t Let Your Customers Reach Their Breaking Point)
- Find Common Ground To Create Exceptional Experiences
- Common Sense Isn’t So Common
- Building A Personal Brand Is Good For You AND Your Employer
- Email Marketing 102: Make Reporting An Obsession
- I Found A Rubberband In My Pocket This Morning
- You’ve Got To Get The Basics Right Before You Can Own The Fancy Burger
- Affirm The Purchase Decision Long After The Sale