Born in Michigan and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area. Wife to an extraordinarily forgiving and patient man, and mother to a lively 6 year old boy, 4 year old shelter pup that thinks he’s human, grumpy old cat that also thinks he’s human, and four nameless fish.
Have worked in tech for the past 20 years in a variety of roles in operations, sales, customer success, customer experience, marketing, and people. Am a three time C-level executive at growth and scale domestic & global SaaS software companies. Published author and industry speaker. More detail here.
These days, I wear a few hats:
- As Chief Operating Officer at Interact, I’m working with an amazingly nimble team to bring a new layer of humanness and understanding to data and online relationship management.
- For over 12 years as Principal of CXPBootcamp and now with etc., I’ve consulted with and advised companies on the practical application of customer experience and organizational strategies to business.
- As a mentor, advisor, and coach, I help mid-senior level leaders and entrepreneurs successfully shift from operational to strategic leadership, become intentional about their personal brand and make major career & personal transitions, and better understand their customers, employees, and themselves.
- As part-time partner at The House Fund, an early stage venture fund investing in the UC Berkeley ecosystem of entrepreneurs, I support deal flow and advise our portfolio.
- As an angel investor, I write 1-2 checks a year in founders and ideas that I believe in. To-date, my portfolio includes companies focused on SaaS, SMB, AI, and eCommerce.
- I am a passionate advocate for education and progressive policies driving equity and personalized learning experiences within our local public education system. As a community partner, I am acting as a Board of Supervisors appointed committee member to the Housing and Community Development and Emergency Medical Care Committees of San Mateo County, at the heart of the San Francisco-Silicon Valley peninsula.
In early 2017, I co-founded EdioLabs to help hard-working parents engage with, better understand, and help their children learn and grow with the few hours they have together most days.
I created my own major called New Media and Communications (combination of Cognitive Science, Computer Science, Psychology, English) at UC Berkeley back when this Internet “stuff” was still called New Media.
- 15 Truths About Customer Experience
- I’m Breaking Up With My iPhone And This Is Why (Or, Don’t Let Your Customers Reach Their Breaking Point)
- Find Common Ground To Create Exceptional Experiences
- Common Sense Isn’t So Common
- Building A Personal Brand Is Good For You AND Your Employer
- Email Marketing 102: Make Reporting An Obsession
- I Found A Rubberband In My Pocket This Morning
- You’ve Got To Get The Basics Right Before You Can Own The Fancy Burger
- Affirm The Purchase Decision Long After The Sale